Please read the following “Terms of Sale” carefully. Your submission of bids in David Norden auctions and/or Direct Sales constitutes your acceptance of these “Terms of Sale.”
- All items from David Norden in this auction or direct sale have been legally acquired, are legal to sell, and guaranteed to be as described in the description provided at the auction, on the website, or in the written documentation provided with each lot or your money back.
- By bidding in this auction or accepting a direct sale , the bidder personally guarantees payment. The auctioneer/seller has final discretion in all matters. In case of dispute or non-payment, the lot(s) in question may be resold. Lots will be sold in their numerical sequence unless the auctioneer directs otherwise.
- HIGH and LOW ESTIMATES are provided for each lot for reference only. The actual selling / hammer price may be higher or lower based on bidder demand. All lots will sell to the highest bidder without hidden / confidential reserves.
- No lots will be released / shipped until payment has been made in full. Payment (in Euro) may be made via wire transfer or money order, via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, etc..), or PayPal. For PayPal payments please use “email@example.com” email address for processing payments. For credit card you numbers will not be stored after the sale.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: A 12% Buyer’s Premium will be added to the final price of each lot purchased through David Norden Gallery and will be paid by all bidders without exception. If a direct buyer comes to collect the goods in David Norden’s gallery the premium will be waived.
- The VAT is on the Margin Scheme and included in the hammer price, and will not be disclosed, meaning that everyone has to pay it , also if the shipping goes outside Europe.
- RETURN POLICY: In the event of an authenticity dispute, written notification of the dispute must be provided to David Norden within two weeks days from receipt of the item as shown by Bpost international tracking data. After David Norden Gallery is notified of the dispute, a written letter from a recognized expert in the field pertaining to the item in dispute must then be presented. If David Norden Gallery concludes that the assessment of the piece is accurate, a refund or an exchange of the goods with similar value will be provided in agreement with the buyer. David Norden Gallery will only remit refund after the item has been returned in original condition.
When mentioned fragile objects are not eligible for refund, and will be send ( for free) on the full responsibility of the buyer.
In the event of an error in item description, condition report, provenance, or dimensions, written notification of the error must be given within two weeks from receipt of the item as shown by BPost tracking data.
If notification is given after 15 days, the item may be returned for credit toward a future purchase or may be consigned for sale through David Norden Gallery. The item must be returned to David Norden Gallery at the buyer’s expense and a refund or credit of the item price after the item is returned. The buyer’s premium paid to LiveAuctioneer or Catawiki will not be refunded. Original shipping charges paid by us, will be taken as our loss.
All items to be returned must be adequately insured and must be received by David Norden Gallery in the same condition as when shipped. In no event may any item be returned after 90 days from the date of delivery. We must also receive your bank information for the receipt.
- SHIPPING: As a convenience to our buyers, shipping is handled in-house and graciously taken on us for all items above 500€. For all items below 500€ a pack & Ship fee of 50€ will be asked. All buyers will receive an invoice detailing their purchases, and buyer’s premium charges. In case you need insurance for valuable objects the cost is 6 % of the hammer price +auction costs for a 100% insurance during transport and must be paid in advance. Items will be shipped only upon receipt of payment in full and will be insured for their full value if the extra insurance was taken .
- **For shipments outside of Europe, customs and duties may apply upon entry into said country; this fee, if any, is the buyer’s responsibility. Also, please be aware that David Norden Gallery will NOT falsify customs value on any international shipments – what you pay is what we declare, no exceptions. There are a small number of international countries we cannot ship to. If your country is one where postal delivery is difficult and have questions about this, please inquire BEFORE bidding. We only send once for Free, if a package is returned for non-delivery, you will have to pay the Postage . If for any reason a package can not be delivered, and is kept in our gallery for one year and that during that year you could not come get it (or request someone to come take it for you after letting us know in written or email), you will lose the property of it after 12 months that the auction ended.
- REQUEST TO DELAY SHIPPING FOR LOTS WON: We are happy to delay shipping on all paid lots for up to 90 days with no storage fees. After 30 days, storage fees will accrue based on a 2% of invoice total for six months. After one year if we can’t deliver you lose your property rights.
- In the event a successful bidder fails to make payment when due, David Norden Gallery reserves the right to resell the merchandise and bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable cost of such a sale and to pay any difference between the resale price and the previously successful bid, together with any incidental costs of sale and disbursements. If the new sale resale is higher, the first bidder will not have any participation in the benefit since it lost his title of ownership by not paying the full amount. If after an auction you want to retract your bid, you can also do so after paying the auction fees + 10% for the failed sale.
- If the auction invoice is not paid for in full when due per invoice terms, including any applicable credit card processing fees, the unpaid balance will bear interest at the highest rate permitted by law until paid in full. If the matter is referred to an attorney for collection, bidder agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees, court costs and other collection cost incurred by David Norden Gallery to collect past due invoices and that the services of process by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, shall be sufficient to confer “in personam” jurisdiction over bidder.
- Buyer agrees that any claim of controversy arising out of, or relating to the formation, interpretation of performance of these terms and underlying transactions or the breach thereof, is subject to arbitration or judicial proceedings and shall take place in Antwerp and subject to Belgian Law.
- QUESTIONS? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions prior to bidding or feel free to call us at +32 (0)3 227.35.40 or visit us in person David Norden. Sint Katelijnevest 27. 2000 Antwerp. Belgium. Please be sure to ask all questions at least 60 minutes prior to auction start time, as we will not be able to take calls or answer emails sent to us during the auction.